You wouldn’t believe how this tangy, sweet, salty fried rice is a breeze to make with Rotisserie Chicken and leftover rice!
Make sure to use left over rice or cooled down cooked rice to achieve a good textured fried rice without clumps.
The slightly caramelized pineapple chunks add another layer of deliciousness! The tomatoes and squeeze of fresh lime yield a touch of acidity for a delicious and balanced meal.
If you feel like it, you can cut the pineapple in half lengthwise and scoop out the pineapple flesh, and use the pineapple shell to create a hollow vessel to serve the fried rice in.
TIP: Have all ingredients ready by the stove as this dish comes together very quickly.
Chicken Pineapple Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked rice (cooled down or refrigerated)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cup Fresh pineapple chunks (bite size)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks spring onion / scallion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- A few dashes of fish sauce
- A few dashes of Maggi sauce or soy sauce
- 1 Lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 tspn Crushed chili powder
- Cut the Rotisserie chicken meat into bite size, about 3 to 4 cups
- Beat the eggs and set aside
- Have all the other ingredients ready by the stove
- Heat a non-stick skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil till hot. Add the beaten eggs and quickly scramble for 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Scoop the scrambled eggs into a large bowl.
- In same skillet, heat another tablespoon of oil, add the shallots, onions, sauté for a minute, add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Add the pineapple and tomatoes and quickly stir fry for a minute. Transfer all ingredients to the large bowl with the scrambled eggs.
- In same skillet, heat another tablespoon of oil, add the cooked rice and stir fry for around 3 minutes and break-up any clumps of rice. Add the chicken meat. Add the bowl of ingredients back in the skillet, mix well and stir fry for about 30 seconds just to heat it up. Add a few dashes of fish sauce and Maggi sauce or soy sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add the basil leaves and mix well.
- Scoop the rice into the hollowed out half pineapple or into 4 individual bowls, and sprinkle spring onions and crushed chili powder and serve hot, with a lime wedge to squeeze over the rice before eating.
This dish will bring a tropical mood to your dining table!
We hope you love the products we recommend. Just so you know we may collect a compensation from the affiliate links on this page if you decide to shop from them, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support.