This is a delicious dessert, and can be prettily decorated just with a few slices of limes, some mint, or any available decoration, or served plain. It’s a versatile tart sure to please the whole family. Just add some tequila in the lime juice to turn it into a grown-up party dessert!
Margarita Lime Tart
- Mixing bowl, whisk, spatula, pie dish
- 1 pre-baked pie shell (I use frozen pie shell and bake according to the instructions on package)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (you can substitute 1 tablespoon of tequila for 1 tablespoon of lime juice, total liquid is 1 cup)
- 2 tspn finely grated lime zest
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 sliced key lime or fresh lime to decorate
- sprigs of fresh mint to decorate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C – Have the baked and cooled pie crust ready
- In mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, zest, eggs and condensed milk until well blended. Pour the filling into the pie crust and put on an oven tray and into the oven
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly jiggly in the middle but set around the edges
- Remove from the oven and cool for 25 minutes, then refrigerate until firm, at least 5 to 6 hours.When ready to serve, decorate with slices of lime, keylime and sprigs of mint
Do you like fruit desserts? Don’t forget to check out this super delicious Orange Marmalade Cake recipe!